Tuesday 26 July 2016

Home Made Lemonade



On my return from holiday I found the debut album from Ette waiting for me and I spent Sunday playing the album over and over, I can't pin down what it is about this album but it has really struck a chord with me, there is something really uplifting about it , even in it's melancholic moments. I think that this will become a bit of leftfield pop classic, I know that I am not the only person on our little corner of the blog world to extol the virtues of Carla J Easton's side project from Teen Canteen a collaboration with Joe Kane, as both the Swede and CC have featured the first song (not single, as it hasn't been released on 7" vinyl, however it most certainly should have been as I tweeted to Olive Grove Records) released from the album, Attack of the Glam Soul Cheerleaders.

If you are in need of some classic feel good indiepop with a  gloriously distinctive Glasgow vocal and who really doesn't go here and order the album, I guarantee that you will not regret it and if you get it on vinyl it's a lovely pink bubblegum colour.

I have posted my favourite track from the album below but to be honest it's only a baw hair better than any of the others,  but there is no download function, so if you like it you know what to do.

Ette - Bones 

6 comments:

The Swede said...

It is indeed a great pop record and the band played a fine session for Marc Riley last week too. Now bring on the Teen Canteen LP!

Charity Chic said...

As the Swede said
Fireworks is my current favourite

drew said...

Check out the Everything Flows blog spot for some background on the LP from Carla's brother.

Walter said...

Great inspiration Drew. I know exactly what I have to do. Thank you.

Brian said...

She sounds a lot like Clare Grogan to this yank's ears. Certainly nothing wrong with that.

JC said...

went along to the launch night at The Old Hairdresser's.

It was superb.

And i even helped out by doing a stint on the merch stall at the end of the gig as folk snapped up the vinyl.