Monday 28 January 2019

Monday's Long Song



Today was always going to be a version of John Coltrane Stereo Blues the only thing to decide was what one of the 5 different versions of the track was it going to be mega long Steve Wynn, solo version or one of the three other live versions of the track. That was until I realised on Saturday that I hadn't ripped the version from the live 12" that came out for RSD last year, so I decided to rip the whole ep and when I did another track sounded better in the headphones. The slow. languid, echoey groove of How I Found Myself Here was just perfect for my mood at the weekend. I am not as familiar with this track as I am with John Coltrane Stereo Blues, as it comes from the 2017 reunion album which I didn't get around to buying at the time as it being the band's first new material in 29 years I didn't really have high hopes for it and it quickly fell off of my radar. It is on the strength of this back in my sights and on the list.

The Dream Syndicate - How Did I Find Myself Here (Live)

No comments: