Friday 8 April 2016

It's Friday . . . Let's Dance



I think that we will go for some vintage Big Beat from DJ Food, aka Strictly Kev, known to his mum as Kevin Foakes, remixed by Damian Harris. A meeting of two of my favourite labels of the 90s. This was just one of twenty one tracks remixed by some of the best leftfield djs and producers around at the time such as Fila Brazillia, Square Pusher and DJ Vadim to name but three, issued on three double 12" singles that as soon as I sold I bitterly regretted. These were part of the great ipod funding sell-off back in 2003. I am not sure how to dance to this as I tend to be sitting in a chair nodding away when I listen to this.

Tomorrow's home game for Airdrie  against Stenhousemuir will be my last this season as I will be away for my birthday when the last game against Dunfermline occurs. It dawned on me the other night if we don't win  at least two of the last four games we could end up down in the second division next season! Still all is well with Scottish Football as the other half of the bigots is back where they belong and the Scottish Media and the supporters of the only teams that matter are salivating at the prospect of at least 4 hate filled encounters in Glasgow. Me I feel as that it is an anachronism that we no longer need.

Have a good weekend people.

DJ Food - Dark Lady (Skint mix)

No comments: