Monday 17 November 2014

Leaving Here



Here is a song that for years I only knew from the Motorhead version which I first heard on the On Parole album with a live version on the Golden Years ep. Back then I didn't check the credits on the record as I wasn't in the slightest bit interested and as a ten year old I didn't have a scooby who Holland-Dozier- Holland were anyway.  The Motorhead take isn't a million miles away from the original give or take the odd guitar solo and Lemmy's growl.

My favourite version of the song used to be the Jimmy Hanna one but over the past year or so I have been playing the original Eddie Holland cut on Motown from 1963 a lot more.

Eddie Holland - Leaving Here 

2 comments:

george said...

Never heard Motorhead do this, never heard the song before, but this is a cracking tune.

Simon said...

I think my fave of this was by the (British) Birds, with a young Ronnie Wood. It's a great song anyhow.