Thursday 16 February 2012

So Here We Are



I loved this single when it came out but I found that, for me at least nothing else on the album was anywhere near as good as So We Are Here and I quickly lost interest in the band.

I think that in a couple of years I will be saying the same for Spector, whom I saw last night. I really got into  Never Fade Away at the end of last year but on the evidence of last nights performance that's the best they've got and for me it's not enough to be the future of UK indie. For a more in depth review check out The Vinyl Villain who I suspect will have a bit more of an in depth review.

Bloc Party - So Here We Are

4 comments:

adam said...

I'm a huge fan of just about everything from around and before the time of the first album and a fan of a lot of the second album, and the third one was dull. I haven't listened to Kele's solo stuff but the bits I've heard in the background haven't interested me.

The early stuff, though, really defines that time for me, just as I started listening again - perfectly jeweled layers of sparkling indiepop.

Swiss Adam said...

Bought the first album, didn't do much for me I'm afraid.

Simon said...

I love Kele's solo album, and a fair bit of the Bloc Party stuff I enjoy. The solo album though is a great bit of dancey synth poppy thingy.

word veri has changed. Two words now, one of which is 'records'. :)

Ste said...

The debut was great, Banquet being the standout for me.
Agree re Spector, the haven't topped Never Fade Away with any of the follow-up tracks.