Tuesday 13 September 2011

Hollywood, Mon Amour



Swiss Adam earlier today posted Nouvelle Vague's version of The Guns Of Brixton. Which reminded me, if I needed reminding that while in Belfast the other week, I had a vinyl copy of Hollywood,  Mon Amour in my sweaty palms which I decided to put back, as at twelve quid I thought that it was rather steep. A rash move on my part which I'm bitterly regretting now.

Hollywood, Mon Amour is Marc Collin's (one half of Nouvelle Vague) revisionist takes on "classic" songs from 80s films such as Arthur, Top Gun, Rocky III, you get the idea. Surprisingly enough most of the tracks work really well and stripped down and out of context it is surprisingly easy to forget how pish some of these tracks and films were.

Here is my favourite.

Yael Naim - Flashdance . . . What A Feeling

No comments: