Friday 15 January 2010

Blood On My Hands



This, I suspect will not be everyone's cup of tea, but I really love it, it also scares the shit out of me. Don't play late at night, in a darkend room using headphones.

In it's original form Blood On My Hands is a classic quite minimal track but Ricardo Villalobos, strips it down even further while making it more dance floor friendly and extremely hypnotic. I am at a loss trying to describe the track further except that it is not the most comfortable of listens, full of foreboding and at 18:34 not the shortest of tracks either. I think that it one of those tracks that you will instantly make your mind up about and will either love or hate.

The version posted is from the excellent Soundboy Punishments compilation as the 12" version is split over both sides of the vinyl and I can't seem to edit it without at least a slight bit of fresh air. If you like what you hear the compilation is definitely worth investing in and can be bought here for a very reasonable price.

Shackleton - Blood On My Hands (Ricardo Villalobos' Apocalypso Now mix)

3 comments:

Simon said...

Have you investigated the Ghost Box label, and the whole Hauntology thing?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hauntology_(musical_genre)

It's worth checking out, if you want a spookier version of the same sort of stuff Boards Of Canada do.

drew said...

Got a great mix cd of Hauntology stuff recently by Demdike Stare called Osmosis.

Not really Hauntology but have you heard Kode9 & The Spaceape's cover of Ghost Town, will maybe post this week.

JLB said...

Brilliant- many thanks for this.

Regards,

jb