Thursday 18 October 2018

Not A Sound



I have always been a fan of James Lavelle, UNKLE  and especially the Unklesounds dj sets there is always loads going on within the music and collaborations that at first you think, really? for example those with Ian Astbury and Josh Homme, not two singers high on my list but their participation worked really well. For me however the best UNKLE sounds are those epic, panoramic instrumentals which sadly tend to find themselves being used as music to soundtrack twats driving big cars faster than you should and generally being real men. Or so I believe , as I'm not really a Top Gear type person but when playing today's track on YouTube the other week when I couldn't find it on my iPod, the comments stated shit like "Top Gear brought me here", "perfect for the F-Type" and pish like that and when I checked I found that quite a few tracks by James Lavelle and his ever changing collaborators have been used on the BBC driving programme.

Not A Sound was a track from the 2001 album Another Night Out, a record that has collaborations with the likes of Gavin Clark, Liela Moss, Nick Cave and the Black Angels. It was released as a stands alone cd but also in a boxset with the previous album Where Did The Night Fall which can be bought on Discogs at a very reasonable price, quite a bit cheaper than when it came out.

UNKLE - Not A Sound 

1 comment:

JC said...

"For me however the best UNKLE sounds are those epic, panoramic instrumentals which sadly tend to find themselves being used as music to soundtrack twats driving big cars faster than you should..."

The most Drew like sentence I think you've ever written!!!