Friday 18 May 2018

It's Friday . . . Let's Dance



Is this acid?

Me, I don't think so, however it was included on a compilation, This Ain't Chicago : The Underground Sound of UK House and Acid. For me Pressure Dub is an excellent example of Bleep House. The single was originally released on the Bassic label the Crash Records Shop in Leeds in-house label, a piece of evidence right there for it being Bleep. It was then picked up by Outer Limits, the home of LFO and Tricky Disco and there I rest my case m' Lud.

Irrespective of the tag you give it this is a quality piece of dance music that was sadly missing from my collection and coveted by me until it was re-released last year with the original mix, the exquisite dub mix, the only version you really need and a less than essential remix by Luca Lozano. I have been playing this quite a bit over the past few weeks and I think that it has stood the test of time extremely well.

Have a good weekend people,

Ability II - Pressure Dub

2 comments:

Dirk said...

I often wonder whatever became of Sturdy Girl, you know ....

Good weekend to you too, friends!

Swiss Adam said...

An absolute monstrously great bass tune.