Thursday 24 May 2018

Asteroid No. 4



I sort of stumbled across the Asteroid No.4 a couple of years back. The track that hooked me was was from their fifth album, released in 2008, so it would be truthful to say that I was not an early adopter. That album is full of West Coast jangle, sunshine and psychedelia. As I explored the back catalogue, I still don't own or have heard everything by them as up until this month they had released nine albums over a twenty one year period. Therte is a definite harking back to the hippy days in the band's music but also a healthy dose of Spacerock and on more recent releases what you would probably call shoegaze for want of a better word.

Next week will see the release of the ninth album, Collide and to promote this album the band are coming to the UK which initially had me rejoicing as I reckon that they will be pretty good live, not sure what I'm basing that on but I have a feeling. Then I checked the date 31st August which rung a bell but I wasn't able to put my finger on it until I consulted my social calendar, L in otherwords and was informed that I would be at the Electric Fields festival, which is a better reason for missing them than a wedding or some such shit. I am still a bit pissed off as I have listened to the album and it sounds very good. Below is the first track from it.


2 comments:

The Swede said...

I like the sound of these guys.

Swiss Adam said...

This is good. Never heard of them before- bit daunting finding a new band with 9 albums behind them.