Friday 22 February 2013

It's Friday . . . Let's Dance



Today's track comes from an extremely prolific American producer who also inadvertently invented a new genre of dance music, Speed Garage with his remix of Sugar Is Sweeter by CJ Bolland. However he had been producing and releasing records since 1992.

It was a couple of years later that Witch Doktor was released on Stricktly Rhythm records and people started to take notice.

I just love the bit when the klaxon breaks in for the first time. The first time I heard that in a club I nearly shat myself.

Have a good weekend people.

Armand Van Helden - Witch Docktor

7 comments:

Dirk said...

Drew,

the chicks on the pictures accompanying the 'It's Friday ... Let's Dance' - series look worser every week: this blog is starting to decline!!

Simon said...

Lol at The Dirk.

I've got a big soft spot for Van Helden, there are a lot of tunes over the years that I really like that he's had a hand in. Hated the CJ Bolland remix mind, but that's because I loved the original.

My fave, apart from You Don't Know Me though is the Dizzee single. Bonkers was number one the week my boy was born. Will always make me think of taking him home for the first time.

drew said...

Sorry Dirk but she does seem to be digging the music.

and what do you mean starting to decline. it has been for some time now!

davyh said...

Innit.

Having a Pride. Still feeling a tad fuzzy from red wine last night. I likes it, but it don't like me.

Will rally later, I'm sure.

davyh said...

Cheers btw.

Swiss Adam said...

It's a good record but he always got on my nerves for some reason.

Anonymous said...

mine too. it's the annoying facial hair