Tuesday 6 December 2011

The Girl Can't Help It



I'm not sure whether I've seen the film that this is the theme tune to or not. I have vague recollections of watching it some Saturday or Sunday afternoon a long time ago, however that may be rubbish. But I haven't been able to get the theme song out of my head since a programme a few weeks ago on Radio 4 recounting when  Jayne Mansfield came to England and toured the Working Men's Clubs in the north of England. The programme was quite bizarre.

Little Richard - The Girl Can't Help It

2 comments:

Artog said...

There are loads of different recordings of Little Richard songs aren't there? I taped a Greatest Hits years ago and the versions on there are (to me anyway) the definitive ones. What do you reckon?

http://www.box.com/s/g4ckdlh79xvnok0b16vq

drew said...

That is a belter of a version Artog. The one I posted was the original film score version.