Monday 18 April 2011

So Many Days




Bloody hell, that was a quick week!

Back to the daily grind for me and I can't think of a better way to start than with this track,  a recent discovery. I'm not sure whether this should be classed as soul, R & B or whatever other catagory it may fall into. It is a brilliant track which should brighten up your Monday morning.

I know absolutely nothing about the Vonns. This track was on a split 7", released recently on Fryers, with another belter of a track,  Sad But True by Elaine Armstrong on the A side. Worth seeking out.

The Vonns - So Many Days

1 comment:

davyh said...

Gospel soul?

Actually, reminds me of those very early Tamla girl groups, The Velvelettes and so on, but with a rougher edge. It's the sort of thing John Lennon would have sung a cover of in The Cavern.