Thursday 6 May 2010

Just Because



When I was a teenager I would take solace in the words and music of Dick Gaughan when I was depressed. I don't know what it was about his voice and guitar playing, his voice is quite rough and his guitar playing is extremely forceful but I always found the combination soothing.

When I came home tonight after voting and getting the kids ready for bed I had this urge to listen to the Sail On album, especially No Gods And Precious Few Heroes, after playing which I needed more so for the past wee while I've been listening to the folk singer from Leith and yes it is strangely comforting on possible one of the shitiest days I've had for a few years.

I know that this isn't everybody's cup of tea but I thought I would share it anyway.

Both tracks posted are other people's compositions . The first a cover of of a song by Joe South and the second a version of a song by Richard Thompson

Dick Gaughan - The Games People Play

Dick Gaughan - 1952 Vincent Black Lightning

No comments: