Saturday 13 March 2010

Something's Jumping In Your Shirt



I've never been a fan of Malcolm McLaren but I've got to give it to him that over the years he has been associated  with some great records.  Whether that be with the Sex Pistols, Bow Wow Wow or the stuff that was produced under his own name.

He certainly had a knack of being a bit of, if not a musical pioneer then someone who brought new styles of  music to the attention of a wider audience, whether that be punk, hip-hop, African sounds or Opera.

Here is the remix of one of my favourite tracks by McLaren. Amongst the production credits on the original are Bootsy Collins and Phil Ramone. The remix was done by Mark Moore and William Orbit.

Lisa Marie with Malcolm McLaren & The Bootzilla Orchestra - Something's Jumpin' In Your Shirt (Walk The Body mix)

2 comments:

chocolategirl64 said...

a track from that album sometimes pops up on my pod:
once went to a talk given by McLaren at the Royal Academy:
he was amusing and eloquent and extremely charming when I grabbed a minute with him after:

drew said...

I imagine he would be choco, however like Morrissey, I don't think that i believe a word of what he said.