Wednesday 20 November 2019

When It Comes To My Baby



You just know he means it when Ronnie sings " cause my love is so strong" , he certainly puts his heart and soul into his rendition of this Ashford and Simpson penned song released on Scepter in 1965. I love everything about this record, the backing vocals, the dramatic backing, the lot. Magic stuff.

Btw, Ronnie is actually a very well known Country and Western artist. Bet you would never have guessed that?

Off to Luton for a couple of days, which is nice.

Ronnie Milsap - When It Comes To My Baby 

3 comments:

FurryBootsCityBoy said...

At the risk of incurring the wrath of the cool cats, I really love the Ronnie Milsap song "Lost In The 50's Tonight (In The Still Of The Night)". If you're a big softie like me, it's worth a listen.

The Swede said...

This is the same Ronnie Milsap? Bloody hell! Great tune.

Brian said...

The C&W Ronnie Milsap I know well from growing up in my father's house. Yep. that's Milsap's voice, but the music is nothing short of a shocker to these ears. I'll take this one over anything my pop used to play.