Thursday 31 December 2015

Happy Hogmanay/Ne'erday



Out with the old and in with the new as the platitude goes.

I'm not the biggest fan of the Hogmanay and Ne'erday celebrations and especially this year when we are faced with another four and a half years of Tory nastiness ahead, still it could be worse we could have a complete lack of opposition to these silver spooned, privately educated millionaires who have a knack of passing laws that make their friends wealthier and everybody else scared shitless.

It's enough to drive you to drink!

Anyway, I would like to thank all of you for stopping by here over the past twelve months, especially those who take the time to comment, thus giving this drivel some sort of legitimacy, if only in my mind. I wish you all peace and strength (as a much missed commentor would say) for the coming year.

At least we still have "sturdy girl" and a whole heap of good music to look forward to starting off with not one but two Weatherall albums in the first couple of months of 2016.

I have been listening to a lot of Hendrix recently.

Cheers an' aw the best when it comes.

Jimi Hendrix - Little Drummer Boy/Silent Night/Auld Lang Syne

8 comments:

Charity Chic said...

All the best to you and yours Drew.Hope you have a good 2016

Dirk said...

Thanks Drew, same to you, mate!

But who needs Weatherall when we have Sturdy Girl?!

Brian said...

It's been a pleasure stopping by in 2015. Happy new year to you. That picture is trouble... my wife just saw it over my shoulder.

George said...

Happy new year, Drew. I could write that I have my own sturdy girl lying next to me, But i won't.

Scott said...

Happy New Year Drew, all the best to you and yours for 2016...

JC said...

All the very best for 2016 and beyond Drew. And more power to your fingertips.

Swiss Adam said...

Happy new year Drew- and Sturdy Girl.

Jimmy said...

Bit late but all the best Drew and our favourite Sturdy Girl!
Jimmy