Wednesday 26 August 2015

Krankenhaus?



I'm not quite sure how I feel about British Sea Power, I have loved some of the singles like A Lovely Day Tomorrow, Remember Me and Carrion but it wasn't until the third album Do You Like Rock Music that I was able to listen to one of their albums all the way through. I found the first two to be patchy. The ep, Krakenhaus that preceded the third album was an indication of things to come as every track on the that was excellent especially the nine minute The Pelican which is a rather raucous affair. Unfortunately since this album and ep I sort of lost interest but the 2013 album Machineries Of Joy saw them produce something nearly on a par with those two earlier releases.

British Sea Power - The Pelican

2 comments:

Echorich said...

BSP twice in one day!?! Here and at The Vinyl Villain courtesy of SW-C's guest post... Planets must be aligning and an Aztec King about to rise from El Sótano de las Golondrinas to take control of the world! Actually, it's nice to see British Sea Power get some well deserved love.

drew said...

Yip Echorich, one of those strange things that happen in blogland.