Thursday 20 August 2015

Dreams



This song popped into my head today and took up residence, not sure why. it was used a few years ago for an advert for the Irish Tourist Board or something but I haven't heard it in years. On the back of Dreams I went out and bought the album, Every Body Else Is Doing It, So Why Can't We which I recall was quite pricey at the time and came in a rather strange cover, black with a thin strip down the side which said  Audiophile Limited Vinyl Edition but what was really strange was that the inside sleeve was black card but also inside was a copy of the cd booklet. They obviously couldn't be arsed doing a proper inner sleeve. I don't think that I have played this album more than half a dozen times in total, it's a bit bland. I am slightly perplexed as to why the cheapest copy on Discogs is 40 quid. I don't think I have ever heard of anybody expressing any desire to own it, strange.

Anyway I played Dreams earlier on from the album, I thought I had it on single but that's Linger and it's a live version on a 10" single that I had completely forgotten I owned. It's not as good as this song which I think holds up quite well, although I did have an urge to play Sally Cinnamon straight afterwards which is not just a good song but a great one,

The Cranberries - Dreams

2 comments:

Webbie - FootieAndMusic said...

I remember when Dolores O'Riordan became so full of herself, didn't know that they released a version of this album which reflected that.

drew said...

To be fair to her Webbie, it was Island Records, as other albums at the time came out the same way.