Thursday 21 August 2014

Perfect Blue



No, not the final song from Lloyd Cole and The Commotions second album, Easy Pieces but the final song from my favourite Wedding Present album, Take Fountain. There is not much more I can add to what I have already said about Mr Gedge and his band and I'm not sure what it is about this album that makes me come back to it more than any of the others, I just don't think that there is a duff note, never mind song on it and also the lyrics are probably the best he has ever written. If you don't already know this album then you really should sort yourself out.

The Wedding Present - Perfect Blue

4 comments:

george said...

I don't have this album.

Swiss Adam said...

Sort yourself out George.




I don't have it either.

JC said...

it's an absolute belter of an LP. One of the band's very best...

TH said...

Gedge's finest work. Better even than Seamonsters.