Sunday 17 August 2014

Mellow Sunday



I keep coming back to the work of Kenny Anderson on Sundays for the simple reason that his music, lyrics and voice mellow me out without the aid of drink or other things more than probably any other artist I know. Take,  Your Young Voice for example with it's two lines of lyric repeated over and over, it could be extended to over twice it's length and I still would not get bored of it, there is something beguiling about it for me. It also has a tendency to make my eyes go a wee bit blurry and produce a lump in my throat. What more do you need on a Sunday.

King Creosote and Jon Hopkins - Your Young Voice

5 comments:

Scott said...

Perfect Sunday song Drew. Could listen to it all day...

Charity Chic said...

Lovely Drew - the new album is an absolute cracker

drew said...

It is Scott and yes CC the new album is of the usual high standard, haven't gotten round to watching the film yet.

Unknown said...

One of favourite artist Drew, I listen to him when I'm drinking and when I'm hung-over, he fills both roles with aplomb.
Ally

Scott said...

The film is really good Drew,we managed to get along to see him (in the pissing rain) at Glasgow Green during The Commonwealth Games where he was playing the album with the film showing on the big screens at the same time