Monday 2 April 2012

Don't Let Him Hurt You




Today's track comes from possibly the most collectable label for Northern Soul Connoisseurs but not one of my favourite labels. I'm not sure that the reason that singles from the label are in such demand hasn't more to do with the rarity of the vinyl as opposed to the quality of the tracks. I'm not saying that the music is not good just not as top notch, to me anyway, as the price tag would suggest.

The label was formed in 1965 in DC by Eddie Singleton and Raynoma Gordy, the head of Motown's ex wife and was in existence for only two years and released tracks by the likes of Ray Pollard, The Epsilons  and Bobby Reed.

The track posted by Les Chansonettes was released in 1966 and to refute what I said above is sheer class.

Les Chansonettes - Don't Let Him Hurt You

No comments: