Friday 18 November 2011

It's Friday . . . Let's Dance



While you are reading this I will be letting the train take the strain getting the 16:57 from Euston back to civilisation.

I had totally forgotten about today's track until I was scrolling through the posts on Pure Club Classics when I came across a posting for the Brothers in Rhythm remix of Here Comes The Rain Again which I remembered being rather good.

I'm sure that the first time that I heard this was on the radio during a Brothers In Rhythm mix on Pete Tong's Essential mix. I remember trying to hunt the track down only to find out that it was only available as one of the Remix Culture releases from DMC which were exclusively available to DJs and therefore rarer than hobby horse shit.

Anyway, after down loading the track from Pure Club Classics and finding that it has aged quite well I decided to see if I could find a copy on Discogs. After clicking on to what has to be the best and for me probably the costliest website I have as a bookmark I found out that it was actually part of a double pack 12" with other remixes of the likes of Salt n Pepa and Degrees Of Motion. There was a quite reasonably priced copy for sale so I decided to take a punt on it. When it arrived, as I suspected none of the other tracks were as good as Eurythmics remix but I think I still got a pretty good deal as it was worth it for the Brothers in Rhythm mix alone.

Have a good weekend people.

The Eurythmics - Here Comes The Rain Again (The Big Brothers Annual Outing)

5 comments:

dickvandyke said...

Ey up Drew. I do like that.
Just thought I'd pop in here for some peace n quiet.

Mind you, The Eurythmics did do some rather good POP songs!

davyh said...

Chance to chill out a bit isn't it? Very crowded that other place tonight. Four deep at the bar and the bog's blocked. Dickie.

davyh said...

I don't really like the Eurythmics, partly because they're hard to spell, but that's really, really good Drewster.

I hope you got home safe, didn't fall too drunkenly off the train, etc.

flycasual said...

Brothers in Rhythm, now there's a name I haven't heard in along time! I'll have to get er'indoors to have a look, she loves her club classics.

drew said...

flycasual - welcome.