Friday 10 October 2014

It's Friday . . . Let's Dance



To an old favourite.

Everywhere I've looked recently there has been something about the 20th birthday of Dubnobasswithmyheadman. Which got me thinking about the first time I heard Rez, shit I thought my head was going to explode it was so fucking good, I couldn't stop grinning and wished that it had gone on twice, three times as long as it did. It was in my head for days, weeks probably even months afterwards.  Even now while typing this and listening to it through my not that shitty computer speakers I have a big grin on my coupon and I can feel the hairs on the back of my neck start to rise. Fuck! It is a truly gorgeous huge tune which for me no other dance tune comes close to even now twenty one years later. Surely not better than Someday or Acid Trax I barely hear you shout over the cascading sounds of the most beautiful machine made music. Oh yes is the reply.

Shit it's finished,  nothing else to do but to put it on again.

What was that L?

Turn it  fucking down!

Never!

Have a good weekend people.

Underworld - Rez 

5 comments:

Dirk said...

Hello Drew,

if you have a minute, could you please cancel Sexyloser from your "My Blog List" - roll and then re-add it again? The reason I'm asking is that it doesn't update on your list, some forums say that the above might help to improve on the situation.

Thanks very much for your help,

Dirk

Walter said...

Rez is a monster of a song. Sometimes I could listen to it in an endless loop.

drew said...

Tried it Dirk, doesn't seem to have made a difference!

It is Walter

Simon said...

I'll be chucking that into my ears on the way home I think. Yesterday I did a Chemical Brothers journey. Think the 3 Underworld 90s albums need to go on tonight.

Swiss Adam said...

Whenever they do those lists of the 100 greatest songs/singles/records whetvers this song is never in it. And it should be. It is every bit as good as your description.