Saturday 9 July 2011

Touched By The Hand of God X



I haven't posted anything by or remixed by Weatherall for a while and have been wanting to post this track but held off as Ctel over at Acid Ted had a week of his favourite Weatherall mixes a couple of weeks back and I thought that O Je Suis Seul may have featured.

I wish that I could say that I bought the single when it was first released in 1990 but it was a couple of years later that it came into my possession when I saw a copy of it Fopp on Byres Road. The only reason I noticed it to be honest was the words remixed by Andrew Weatherall on the cover, I had never heard it before but it was a no brainer as this was the time that Weatherall could do no wrong and hadn't with this it is a lovely throbbing track with the added bonus of a Natasha Kinski sample which he would use again on one of the tracks on Screamadelica.

I don't know much about The West India Company apart from Asha Bhosle, Neil Arthur and Vince Clarke were members.

The West India Company - O Je Suis Seul (Bagwan Boogie mix)

No comments: