Wednesday 22 November 2017

Sometimes All You Need



Is a bit of Nancy and Lee.

I have been reading Fuel Injected Dreams again, it's a kind of biannual ritual and during this time I normally listen to nothing but 60s girl groups and but also I usually reach for other things from that era and Nancy And Lee are always in there.

I once saw Isobel Campbell and Mark Lanegan cover this at a gig a couple of days after the death of Lee Hazelwood and it was just as good as it sounds. Apparently their was a version of Campbell and Lanegan's second album Sunday at Devil Dirt that came with a free live cd which had them doing the song but I have never been able to get my hands on a copy.

Nancy Sinatra & Lee Hazelwood - Sand

5 comments:

The Swede said...

*runs downstairs to check my copy of 'Sunday at Devil Dirt'. No bonus live CD, bugger.

Swiss Adam said...

I love a bit of Nancy and lee

Swiss Adam said...

And the book is a blast.

Walter said...

I love a lot of Lee and a bit of Nancy. This song is awesome and there many of versions of this song but the original was never beaten. Years ago German industrial punks Einsürtzende Neubauten made a cover that is in it's way unique.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctTDXyhWRfU

I have to go for the book. Thanks Drew.

Brian said...

Heads up that Anthony Bourdain’s Parts Unknown show on CNN was just in Seattle. Mark Lanegan was one of his guests. Worth a watch. As for Lee and Nancy, they will always get everything aligned again... for a few minutes, anyway. What a song.