Monday 14 April 2014

The Glories



I don't know that much about The Glories, in fact apart from this single the only other song I have heard by them is a rather wonderful version of Try A Little Tenderness not a patch on Otis' of course but then I don't think anybody will ever come close to matching his rendition for me. Give Me My Freedom is a different type of tune altogether, an up tempo girl group dancer very much in the vein of Martha and The Vandellas which was popular in Mr M's in the late 70s it was released on the Date label in 1967.

I just love this kind of thing.

The Glories - (I Love You Babe But) Give Me My Freedom

2 comments:

Scott said...

What a great song. Was just listening to I Worship You Baby before I came online tonight. I could quite happily listen to these 60's girl groups all night...

Darcy said...

I picked up on Quiet Elegance a few years ago. Very taken with Frankie Gearing's voice. Before Quiet Elegance Frankie was a member of the The Glories.