Wednesday 21 March 2018

Yo! Ma Saint



I haven't been able to get this record out of my head ever since I first heard at on 6Music about a month or so ago. I love the Morricone(esque) guitar , the vocal back and forth between Michael Kiwanuka and the overall feeling of doom of the track.

Yo! Ma Saint is part of a three way arty project incorporating music, film and fashion. To be honest I hadn't even bothered seeking out the video until I decided on this post, since I bought the 7" and it all sounded a bit wanky to me and after watching the video I think that my initial thinking was correct but if you want to watch it click here. But below is the music without the visuals.

2 comments:

The Swede said...

Good call Drew. I've heard and enjoyed this a few times on 6Music myself.

C said...

This is great, right up my street, and I hadn't heard it before - thanks!