Friday 29 May 2015

It's Friday . . . Let's Dance



I am  stunned that I have never posted this tune before, I was positive I had. It's an absolutely stonking reworking of a weird bit of late 60's Jamaican psychedelic reggae. What do you mean you didn't know there was such a genre? I think it was invented for this song and this song alone. The original song by Nora Dean called Angie La La is reinterpreted by that french bloke Pilooski who was very productive a few years ago but who has sort of disappeared recently from what I can see. I have been meaning to post the original for ages and will try and fit it in next week. The Pilooski record came out on the New York label Rvng Intl. label as number 10 in the Rvng of the Nrds series of releases. It was released to 1005 single sided, etched copies with around 250 in four different coloured chipboard covers, 2 dub plates and 5 test pressings. I get a bit of a voodoo vibe from this tune,

Have a good weekend people.

Pilooski - AAA

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a stunner.
Swiss Adam