Thursday 29 March 2012

Got A Fever Inside My Soul



This past week I have mostly been listening to Spiritualized.

Last Thursday's gig at the ABC is possibly the best SPZ concert I have ever seen and an early contender for gig of the year, it will have to be something extra special to knock it from the podium. The band were note perfect even during the wig-outs and although I thought that the sound was a bit low for the first couple of tracks it was soon turned up to a good level. The set list was nigh on impeccable, every tune just seemed to fit and I'm glad that the two backing singers seem to now be a permanent feature as they certainly add something special to the mix.

Although they didn't play the new album in it's entirety as was the case last October, the tracks they did play were all excellent and I'm waiting for this release more eagerly than I have for anything else for a good few years as I reckon it's going to be a belter and I urge you all to go out and buy it on the 16th April. You will not be disappointed.

Here is one of the highlights of last weeks gig, shit they were all highlights even the lengthy encore,  Cop Shoot Cop a track which it must be said I have had a certain ambivalance towards in the past.

 Spiritualized - Lay Back In The Sun

No comments: